Need a Web site?
I take on freelance Web site design and development projects.
What I take on and what it will cost entirely depends on the nature of the project. Don't hesitate to contact me for an estimate, however.
What Can I Do For You?
I have 10 years of professional experience building and maintainig professional grade Web sites for a variety of clients in all walks of life.
I can help you:
- Create a better site strategy
- Organize your information and content
- Design your site
- Build your site
- Code your site
- Set up the site so you can manage it
- Or, if you prefer, I can manage your site
- Integrate with existing databases or other systems
- Collaborate with your IT staff
What I Do Right and Others Do Wrong
I know how to build and maintain Web sites. A lot of people don't know that even though they work "online".
That's not arrogance, but true based on my professional observations of the industry. Everyone "knows" someone that has a Web site and "knows" HTML. However...
I use and rely on modern industry best practices such as a strict separation of content from presentation. You can redesign my sites using purely CSS and not having to recode the whole thing. Sites built this way:
- Give you a better return on your investment (ROI)
- Load faster
- Are easier to index by search engines
- Are easier to maintain in the long run
- Are forwards compatible with modern technologies such as XML
Don't lose your audience and (potentially) money
How will it be maintained?
One of my biggest concerns is making sure you can maintain your site, or I'll be there to help out later.
I know how to build and maintain effective, quality, and not broken Web sites. Everyone and their cousin's especially have Web sites these days, and claim to "know" HTML.
That doesn't mean they know how to make professional Web sites.
- Validate their code?
- Use professional link checking and other testing tools?
- Know about download times and speeds?
- Dedicate time in the project to extra browser, software, and user acceptance testing (UAT)?
- Care about accessibility?
I have very specific technology expertise in a variety of areas, which is constantly evolving as I work on more and more projects. I'm also very accustomed to working with your IT department, if you have one.
- Custom built content management systems
- Advanced Web-based user interfaces
- XHTML / HTML
- XML / XSLT
- Accessibility (WCAG / WAI / Section 508)
- ASP Classic
- ASP.NET (C#)
- PHP / MySQL / Apache
- Internet Information Server (IIS)
- Microsoft Content Management Server
- ...and more!
See more up to date information on my resumé.